Saturday, January 30, 2010

Laptop

My faithful (mostly) HP Pavilion dv9000 notebook pc decided to go out this past wednesday. So amid my research I've found that a lot of people have had problems with this very same laptop and a few others along the same series. Well I contacted HP and even though they were running a free repair service via their extended warranty enhancement I seem to have missed out on that last Sep when it ended.. So I'm currently out shopping for a new one and will attempt a crazy fix to the old one at a later time when I'm not soo pressed for time (with my deployment coming up).. All in all a lot of people are badmouthing HP but I hadn't really had a problem with my dv9000 untill now, but I did manage to get HP to add my name to the class action case that was spurred from all the previous problems with this laptop and I did get them to give me a super duper warranty if I buy another HP product soon. And this super warranty will cover the product for about 3 years past the normal 1 yr one.. We'll see how that fairs.. I'll let ya know..

No comments:

Post a Comment